Vacancy at Sterling Bank for Retail Sales Officer
Sterling Bank Plc Your one-customer bank is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank formerly NAL Bank has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
Promote the image and values of the Bank “Sterling Bank” under existing environment / competition, and a growing emphasis on quality customer service to ensure overall performance / profitability of the branch and customer satisfaction
- Identify and market prospects within the target market
- Carry out deposit mobilization initiatives Current & Savings accounts CASA, Fixed Deposits account
- Prepare customers’ loan applications and collate/direct data to the approving authority through the appropriate channels
- Ensure existing investments and liquidation are done accurately and promptly • Render all credit/risk asset reports, deposit liability report and LDR status report to Business Manager on a weekly basis
- Efficiently process new investment requests and review existing investment/liquidation requests accurately
- Ensure existing investments and liquidation are done accurately and promptly
- Create quality risk assets and effectively manage balance sheet along target lines
- Carry out effective and constant monitoring of customers’ account balances with a view to beefing up same
- Keep abreast of local and national economic, financial and political events which may impact on deposit liability generation and credit facilities
- Identify customers’ needs, proactively seek to provide products/services to meet such needs and advice on appropriate selection of banks products
Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Asset mobilized against set target
- Current & Savings Account mobilized against set target
- No of non-performing loans
- Profitability and growth in deposit
- Impact of product/service cross selling to Group’s profitability
- Number of accounts managed, dormancy ratio and new accounts opened
- Learning Score.
Process & Others:
- Level of compliance to KYC/AML/CFT guidelines
- Number of Operational risk controls and compliance issues raised
- Process efficiency improvement initiatives
- Number of Alternate Channels activated.
Risk & Control
• Internal Audit rating.
Person Specification / Job Profile
• Job holder should be friendly, assertive, independent, quick paced and have the ability to motivate others. Networking and communication are also likely to be key notes, as the job environment may require the active influencing and persuading of a variety of people in changing situations.
• The generation of many contacts and involvement in selling a product or concept by gaining willing acceptance may be important within the function.
• The ideal candidate should enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in an unstructured environment where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions.
• He/she should be self-confident, enthusiastic, friendly, positive, self-starting, competitive, venturesome, mobile, active, alert and independent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Retail Banking in any Financial Institution.
Required Competencies for Vacancy
• Credit Analysis
• Sales & Marketing skills
• Business Acumen
• Knowledge of banking operations
• Products Knowledge
• Customer needs identification
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge of the Global Business Environment
• Knowledge of CBN Prudential Guidelines
• Cost Management
• Interpersonal relations
• Decision quality & Problem solving
• Time & Self-Management
• Attention to Detail Excellence
• Continuous Learning
• Drive for Results Efficiency
• Customer focus.
Location: Abuja FCT Application Link
Location: Yobe Application Link